Friday, March 21, 2008

Welcome Aboard!

For those of you who are interested, I have started a knitter's group on Ravelry called Welcome Aboard! This group is for knitters who are military brats. Did you move every three to four years? Who are you and where do (did) you live? Share your memories and knitting…

My father is a retired naval commander. I grew up in Florida, Virginia, Rhode Island, Maryland, Hawaii, Azores, Italy, Spain and Germany; and went to three high schools in Maryland, the Azores and Spain.

I tried to learn to knit overseas from books with no luck. With the discovery of knitting on the internet (videos), continental knitting, and circular needles I have finally arrived! It took me close to thirty years. I knew I’d love knitting!

Naturally, military moms are honorary members of this group.

No comments: