Saturday, January 20, 2007

Project 4 - My First Sweater

I chose this sweater for it's design simplicity -- no button holes, sleeves that would fit (quarter- length) -- and practice -- the knit/purl action with the basket weave pattern. An added plus was the yarn itself which camouflaged a variety of mistakes. I noticed the most obvious one too late to correct. Since I am doing combination knitting, I inadvertently twisted my stitches (which wasn't part of the pattern)!






Pattern - Nicole Jacket
Source - Queensland Collection by Jane Ellison
Yarn - Kathmandu DK Tweed -- 85% merino wool, 10% silk, 5% cashmere -- 147 yds skein -- color #419
Learnings - Major lesson in FROGGING (rip it, rip it, rip it) stitch by stitch on the needles & row by row off the needles, Basket weave pattern, increasing, decreasing, piecing flat knitting, following written directions, charting sweater pattern, knitting both sleeves simultaneously on one circular needle

No comments: