Saturday, January 20, 2007

Project 2 - Knit in the Round



This is the project that hooked me on knitting. Knitting in the round is soothing, and great for a beginner - a lot of practice in continual knit stitch.

The pattern called for simple decreases and yarn overs at the neckline. Since I had not discovered the concept of gauge yet & the pattern was one size only, I was surprised that the cape didn't fit me. It did fit my co-worker, Karen, though! Here she is modeling her new poncho.

Pattern - Poncho
Source - Hobby Lobby free pattern leaflet

Yarns - Lion's Wool-Ease Thick & Quick, Charcoal #149 -- 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool -- 108 yards -- 3 st/ / in
Learnings -
Knitting in the round, decreases and eyelets, bulky yarn creates an instant-gratification project - good for a beginner, correcting mistakes, picking up dropped stitches, etc.

No comments: