Saturday, January 20, 2007

Project 3 - Felting Failure, Another FUI (Finished Ugly Ignominy)



My next knitting project was another knit- in-the- round. I'm addicted, right? Too bad I didn't view a copy of Pursenalites first. Since I didn't have a pattern or knowledge, I goofed -- add this one to my FUI list. The mistakes I make!
1) I didn't know how to eliminate the color change jog at the beginning of the new round, 2) the knitted proportion was way off (the height shrank too much & the width not enough for a purse), and 3) I didn't have any notion for finishing - all ready-made handles seem too small. What's do you think? Should I cut it to make coasters?
Postscript - I ran a search on felting failures & mistakes. Ladies, I join your league: Major Knitter, Keeping Me in Stitches, Knit Once, Purl Forever
Pattern - I wish!
Yarns - Lopi, 100% wool, 110 yds, 3st / in
Learnings - Felting, striping, color changes

No comments: